Through our art curriculum at Fishponds, we intend to achieve the following things.
- Provide our children with the opportunity to develop their skills in drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, textiles and printing through each phase of the school.
- Provide the opportunity to explore the work of other artists and be able to evaluate pieces of art.
- Develop creative thinking within our students and provide them with the opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas.
- Art is taught through creative arts days
- A skills progression is used to develop art skills progressively across the school
- EYFS provide daily art based activities through continuous provision
- Whole school creative arts days develop outcomes