Top Tips for being on Time:
- Establish good bedtime routines so your child has enough sleep and doesn't struggle to get out of bed in the morning.
- Make sure your child has breakfast. Alternatively, bring them to our school Breakfast Club - A healthy start to the day with lots of fun activities! Breakfast Club opens daily at 7.45am. and costs £4 per day.
- Prepare lunches and snacks the night before.
- Put out uniform and pack school bags the night before, you don't want to be searching for books, bags or PE kit in the morning!
- Leave bags, coats and shoes by the front door and put your keys somewhere easy to find.
- Build ‘cushion time’ into your mornings – allow an extra 5 or 10 minutes in case something unexpected happens.
If your child arrives after 9.30am, when the registers close, your child’s late arrival will count towards their overall absence rate.
It is really important that you pick your children up from school on time. Children who are not picked up on time are often upset and worried.
We understand that sometimes unavoidable events may make you late. If this is the case, please phone us to let us know as soon as possible. This means we will be able to let your child know what time to expect you to pick them up, it also means we can make arrangements for someone to sit with them in the meantime. Please be aware that staff have to take time out of their working days in order to do this, this means that they often are unable to complete their work for the day or plan properly for the following day without working additional hours.
If you are frequently unable to pick your child up on time you will need to arrange after school care. We recommend using Oldbury Court Out of School Club. To book your child a place at the club please contact Oldbury Court Out of School Club directly.